And this it, the introduction episode of IgniteRock Podcast or episode 0 as I’d like to call it.
You can listen to the episode below:
In this episode, I would like to say hello and welcome you to the IgniteRock Podcast. This is where I want to explain to you why I have started this podcast and what I plan to do with it.
WordPress can be used by anyone; entrepreneurs, musicians, marketers, artists, chef, bloggers, fashion stylists, make-up artists, property agents, stockbroker, writer. Literally anyone.
So I plan to interview those who have used WordPress and totally rocked it, their journey, why they use WordPress and how they use it.
Within the episode, I have mentioned the benefits of using WordPress. Some of those benefits I’ve mentioned include:
- Did you know that some of the biggest brands in the world uses WordPress? Facebook, Bloomberg, Beyonce, New York Times, Microsoft, Mercedes-Benz, CNN, MTV, Vogue. You can see more of these examples on my blog post here.
- It was announced back in January 2016 that over 25% of all websites on the World Wide Web is powered by WordPress. Think about it. Over a quarter of the websites on the internet is powered by WordPress. Mind-blowing!
- WordPress is free to download, free to install, free to modify and free to use.
- Once you get the hang of it, it’s easy and flexible enough to use for your own personal purpose
- WordPress is open source, which not only means that you can modify it in any way you want…
- …but it also means that you are part of a truly awesome community where there are so many people of all skills and expertise willing to help you
- There are thousands of themes for just about any type of website, from estate agent and restaurants, to photographers and hobbyists…
- …and there are tens of thousands of plugins to install. So you don’t need to be a programmer to build a fully-customisable site
- The software is search engine friendly. It is not just that it is built to the highest of standard using the standard compliance code and produces semantic mark-up, but there are also very well-known SEO plugins to make your site even more search engine friendly
- Despite what everyone says, it is safe and secure to use. The fact that it is a popular software and CMS makes it more an easy target for spammers and hackers. But WordPress is built with security in mind and there are plenty of products and services out there who help enhance your security further
- Easy to manage and update your software, themes and plugins due to the built-in updater
- It can handle all types of media; it’s not just text, but it can also handle video, audio, images, interactive content, etc
So this is only a quick introduction, but the real fun begins with Episode 1, which is available to download or stream right now.
In the meantime, enjoy listening to this episode and let’s rock with WordPress.
- Top brands who uses WordPress – https://www.igniterock.com/blog/who-uses-wordpress/
- WordPress market share and usage statistics – https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/cm-wordpress/all/all
- WordPress Plugins Directory – https://wordpress.org/plugins/