In this episode, I talk to Nate Wright from Theme of the Crop; a WordPress themes and plugins business that he owns that solely caters for restaurants. You can listen to the episode below:
I first met Nate at the WordPress Edinburgh Meetup, which he co-organises and started to assist and help him on his business, Theme of the Crop. I became interested in what he does.
So I have asked to appear on the show and to give us his insights.
Nate was kind enough to share his own experience of using WordPress and offered interesting insights in the world of theme-based businesses. He has also provided some useful advice for those who are in a similar position or thinking of running their own WordPress theme and/or plugins.
Some of the things we talk about are:
- how he first started using WordPress
- how first came up with the idea of WordPress restaurant themes and why he specifically chose this particular industry
- the challenges that he faced and advice for those who are looking to start or currently their own WordPress theme-based business
- what you should look out for if you want run your own theme business, but applies to everyone who is running some kind of business
This is a really interesting, not just for those who are in the WordPress themes and plugins business, but also for those who are providing niche products and services.
If you want to have a look at Nate’s work, visit his site Theme of the Crop.
Inspiring Quote from Nate:
“I can say ‘look, buy with me because I’m the person who is really going to help you with the restaurant’. If that person over there has got 20 different themes in different market, he’s not investing in the restaurant space. I’m investing in the restaurant space. This body of work that I’ve produced is my proof that I am.”'That person is not investing in restaurant space. I am, and this body of work proves it.' Click To Tweet
- Official site: https://themeofthecrop.com/
- Nate’s personal Twitter account: https://twitter.com/NateWr