In this episode, I talk to Steve Morgan, an SEO Freelance Consultant at Morgan Online Marketing, blogger at SEOno and various publications, as well as being a regular speaker at major conferences.
I first originally got to know Steve via Twitter and after time has passed, we finally met each other at an SEO conference. Steve is someone I have always admired and respected for the way he conducts himself as a freelancer, speaker and writer. And is never one to stop short of sharing useful tips and advice.
Based in Cardiff, Steve has been working in the SEO industry for over 8 years and has been working as a freelancer for the past 3+ years. A regular speaker at major conferences such as BrightonSEO, you will find Steve writing detailed and thoroughly useful guest posts including at State of Digital.
Some of the things we talk about include:
- The journey to his SEO freelancing career
- His thought processes on how Steve creates his own personal content on his blog
- Advice for those wants to start their own SEO career or freelancing business
- Why you should self-host your WordPress site instead of using WordPress.com
- What Steve predict will happen in the future of SEO
“There is always this thing as “SEO is dead”, which is a fad. If anything, it’s getting more and more popular. It’s more and more important than businesses has ever realised” – Steve Morgan
- Morgan Online Marketing – http://morganonlinemarketing.co.uk/
- SEOno – http://seono.co.uk/
- Steve Morgan on Twitter – https://twitter.com/steviephil
- Steve’s reference to his proudest moment in his business where helped create a campaign to celebrate his parent’s recruitment business’ 25th anniversary – http://cr25.uk/
- Top 99 brands who uses WordPress – https://www.igniterock.com/blog/who-uses-wordpress/
- The article Steve mentioned on what to outsource and what to avoid – https://www.linkdex.com/en-us/inked/why-seo-agencies-need-to-focus-on-expertise/
- Moz’s beginner’s guide to SEO – https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo